Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pecan Pie



I first made a pecan pie when I was just married, that was 16 years ago. I used a Dear Abby recipe that I clipped out of the Tulsa World Newspaper. I thought it was a little too buttery, sorry Dear Abby. I worked with it and came up with this recipe. Hope you will give it a try. Pecan Pie is one of my many favorites.


Pecan Pie

1 unbaked 9" pie crust

1 cup light corn syrup

1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar

3 eggs, slightly beaten ( I use eggs from my parents free range chickens. Their yolks are so yellow and pretty.)

1/3 cup butter, melted

1/2 t. salt

1 t. vanilla

1 cup pecan halves( I use organic from my parent's farm. They are so good!)

Heat oven to 350ºF.

In a large bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, eggs, butter, salt and vanilla; mix well. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust; I place pecans in a pretty pattern around the top of the pie.

Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set. (Knife inserted in center will come out clean when pie is done.)

If crust or pie appears to be getting too brown, cover with foil for the remaining baking time. Remove from oven and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment