Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup


I am sure everyone has a favorite chicken soup recipe that their grandmother made and here is mine. I guess I am the grandmother here, or at least I will be someday. One of our kiddos turned up sick and wanted this soup for lunch. Doesn't chicken soup make you feel good when you are a little under the weather?? This is What's Cookin on Beaty's Creek today.

Needed:
1 whole chicken-I use free range
4 stalks of celery-cleaned and chopped
4 carrots-cleaned and chopped
2 T ground sage or 5 fresh sage leaves
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 pound of egg noodles
Water
Add to a large soup pot the following, chicken, sage, celery, carrots, salt and pepper. I cover all of this with about 3 inches of water. Cook covered for 2 hours. I like to cook mine until the chicken starts to fall apart. Remove chicken and remove meat from bones and place chicken back to pot. I add my noodles now and cook for about 29 more minutes. We like ours with cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment