Monday, February 22, 2010

Oysters on the Half Shell




I look forward to months with an "r" in them so I can have my beloved oysters on the half shell. This year we bought a box of these gems at White River Fish Market and boy were we happy with the quality! These were the best oysters we have eaten in years! So plump and juicy that I could not wait for all of them to get shucked before I dug in. Speaking of shucking, Sean found the best thing in the world to shuck these tight lipped goodies. What did he use??? A chain saw multi tool.... Maybe it is the red-neck in us but it worked so well that we abandoned our oyster specific shucking tool for good. Not too much to tell you on shucking but my sauce is different from any you have ever eaten. This is What's Cookin on Beaty's Creek today.

Needed:

1 cup ketchup
3 T horseradish-creamed
1 T cayenne pepper
2 T lemon juice
1 t garlic-minced


Mix everything together and serve with oysters or shrimp.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment